U.S. Citizen Passport Requirements

US citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate and laminated government issued picture ID, denoting photo, name and date of birth. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or a copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issues by DOS, or Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative when fully implemented on June 1, 2009 will require all travelers to and from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda to present a valid passport or other approved document that establishes the bearer's identity and citizenship in order to enter or reenter the United States.

Passport Requirements

A valid passport is a requirement for air travel to and from Canada, Mexico the Caribbean and Bermuda Effective June 1, 2009 only a valid passport (unless otherwise noted below) or other WHTI compliant document will be accepted for entry or re-entry into the United States. Here's a list of all approved documents.

Alien Registration Card (Green Card)

U.S. lawful permanent residents will continue to be able to use their Alien Registration Card issued by the Department of Homeland Security or other valid evidence of permanent residence status to apply for entry to United States. Card renewal is an important matter. ARC holders (United States permanent residents) with expired cards may be considered "out of status" and may be denied entry / reentry into the United States. If your ARC was issued over 10 years ago, you should check the expiration date printed on the front of the card. If your card is expired, or it is about to expire, you should renew your card before you sail. If you are holding an old edition ARC WITHOUT an expiration date, you will not be detained from entering the United States but U.S. Customs and Border Protection highly suggests that you apply for a new card before you sail. For additional information, visit: Green Card Renewal

Sea Travel Only (before June 1, 2009)

For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a Passport (valid or expired), valid U.S. Passport Card or State or Provincial Enhanced Drivers License is highly recommended. In the absence of a Passport, U.S. Passport Card or State or Provincial Enhanced Drivers License (when available - this secure drivers license will denote identity and citizenship) or any other Department of Home Land Security approved Identification / Citizenship document (s), a birth certificate (original or certified copy), plus a laminated picture ID card including photo, name and date of birth issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required. U.S. and Canadian citizen children ages 18 and under will be expected to present a birth certificate issued by a federal, state, provincial, county or municipal authority. Note Baptismal paper and hospital certificates of birth are not acceptable. A voter registration card or Social Security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship. For U.S. Naturalized citizens, in the absence of a passport, Naturalization papers (either original or notarized copy) plus a laminated picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required.

International Travel

A valid passport is required; visas are required where they apply. This includes Europe, Asia, Central and South America. For additional passport information, visit Passport Information Royal Caribbean Recommendation: Royal Caribbean International strongly recommends that all guests travel with a valid passport during their cruise. This greatly assists guests who may need to fly out of the United States to meet their ship at the next available port should they miss their scheduled embarkation in a U.S. port; guests entering the U.S. at the end of their cruise; and guests needing to fly to the U.S. before their cruise ends, because of medical, family, personal or business emergencies, missing a ship's departure from a port of call, involuntary disembarkation from a ship due to misconduct, or other reasons. Guests who need to fly to the United States before their cruise ends will likely experience significant delays and complications related to booking airline tickets and entering the United States if they do not have a valid U.S. passport with them. For additional passport information visit Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State

Non-U.S. Citizens

You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the U.S., you will also need the original copy of your Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status. Canadian Landed Immigrants All Canadian Landed Immigrants (inclusive of those who are citizens of the British Commonwealth countries) who reside in Canada must have valid passports and US visas. Also required is the original copy of your Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) formally the IMM 1000 or with respect to any country on the itinerary any other travel documentation required because of alien status.


Please contact the Embassy or Consular Services of each country on your sailing itinerary or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees for your nationality.

Visa Waiver Program

Citizens from the Visa Waiver Program countries of: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom seeking to enter the United States will be required to have in their possession a machine readable, biometric passport with a digital photograph valid for the duration of the voyage. A machine readable passport is one having an alpha-numeric code on the bottom of the picture page. Example: P<<UKDOE<<JOHN<<<<<1234567890M1234567890M1234567890<1234567890

Book Online With Our Travel Agent

Sign Up For Our Cruise Deals Newsletter

Shore Excursions

Buy your shore excursions before they all run out!